Saturday 30 September 2017

Circular walk around Churt

Circular walk around Churt
Distance: 9 miles
Guide: Churt, Surrey Hills

My Distance: 10 Miles
Time - 4 Hrs 15 Mins

This was the first time I have done a proper walk (if you know what I mean)
I attempted to follow the route from the Surrey Hills Guide.

First thing to note everywhere I read told me about Car Parking charges, I actually arrived early ie around 6 am - there was no one to pay so I just parked, when I eventually left there was a chap with on the road collecting fees, I did offer but he said there was no need as I arrived early.

Its not very challenging physically, and a mixture of on and off road, the occasional hill. Certainly a pretty walk and some houses in beautiful locations.

Enough of a walk to check out my boots, just one blister which I can live with.

I have added a few pictures below to give an idea of what the area looks like.



Frensham Pond





No shortage of Bluebells






Half-timbered cottage on the edge of Churt


View Whitmore Vale



Streams Everywhere




Just seemed very English


No comments:

Post a Comment